Saturday, December 5, 2009

Runaway Train

Sometimes my dreams are so vague that I hardly remember anything, and sometimes they are so epic that it's hard to forget the details. Last night, I had an epic dream. But describing all the connections would turn this entry into a novel, and no one comes to a blog to read a novel.

It's a pretty common theme that I never dream that my home is my actual home. Usually, it's my childhood home. Last night, it was an isolated house on top of a hill, straight out of a horror flick. I know I lived downstairs, and two guys (who I actually know) lived upstairs and were selling their half, and I figured, if I bought it I could have an even bigger house.
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity.
I don't know quite how to interpret that definition in relation to my dream, but I guess the gist is that the scary house on the hill is the equivalent to my soul - isolated and scary. Uplifting thought. Anyway, there were actual elements of a horror, or at least suspenseful, film. I knew there was someone in the attic (which apparently represents my intellect?) waiting to kill me (or anyone else really).
To see a killer in your dream suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off. You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting a dramatic end to something.
Okay, in all fairness, I did not actually see the killer. I just knew he existed. Anyway, that was part 1. Part 2, was again about an old childhood friend. I was visiting her, although she was living somewhere different, in a completely time zone and country and continent. Anyway she was shopping for an ornament with pressed flowers in it, and found one for $88.
Eight stands for power of authority, success, karma, material gains, regeneration, and wealth.
Not sure who or what in the dream has the power, but apparently there is a lot of it. Anyway, about the flowers. They were Lily of the Valley:
If the flowers are white, then it symbolizes sadness.
My dreams are really depressing. Seriously.

Anyway, she began fighting with her husband about spending the money on flowers that frankly used to grow all over my parent's garden years ago.
To see others fighting in your dream, suggests that you are unwilling to acknowledge your own problems and turmoil. You are not taking any responsibility or initiative in trying to resolve issues in your waking life.
And that brings me to part 3. There was an incredible amount of déjà vu - I felt like I had been to these places before or experienced them somewhere, maybe in another dream I don't really remember. After I left my friends, I started going up a hill, to go back to my 'house'.
Climbing a hill signifies your struggles in achieving a goal.
The hill, also happened to be the path of a very fast train. I was genuinely scared when the train roared past me.
A railroad signifies that you have laid out a set track toward achieving your goals. Your progress will be slow but steady. You are well disciplined and secure in your life. To dream that you are walking alongside the railroad tracks, signifies much happiness from your skillful completion of your tasks.

A train represents conformity. You are going along with what everyone else is doing. Or you have a need to do things in an orderly and sequential manner.
At the top of the hill, the end of the track, was where everyone was disembarking the trains. There were lots, lined up and getting ready to start their routes all over again. I was hiding under a track. I remember clearly a train went above my head, and a lot of dirt and mud was falling on me.
To dream that you are hiding suggests that you are keeping some secret or withholding some information. You may not be facing up to a situation or not want to deal with some issue. However, you may be getting ready to reveal something and confess before somebody finds out.

Dirt is representative of situations where you have been less than honorable and may have acted in a devious manner. To dream that someone throws dirt at you, denotes that enemies will try to attack your character and harm your reputation.

And that's pretty much when I woke up. I'm starting to wonder if any dream definitions are positive...


All definitions come from Dream Moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment