Friday, December 11, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

Question: What do cars, snakes, and killer pickles have in common?
Answer: They were all in my dream last night

I know what you're thinking - what did she eat last night? The answer is nothing. I actually skipped dinner. I'm a little embarrassed to share just how crazy my dream was. Many of them seem to have at least a shred of realism. Last night, not so much.

I've had dreams about cars before. But these weren't just any cars - they were the winners of the "Best Car of 2009". Actually, I don't know if that's true. But in my dream, they were announced as the Best of 2009, and I was putting ribbons on them.

I can't quite figure out what a car by itself represents. The interpretations on dreammoods.com discuss driving a car, or being the passenger. The closest thing I saw was a car with no driver, which apparently:
suggests that you need to reassess your level of control over your life. You are unwilling to take responsibilities for your actions.
Walking down the line of cars - trucks, SUVs, sports, etc - I come to a container filled with snakes. I'm meant to give an award to the anaconda. But when it tries to attack me, I try to kill it. I won't get into the gory details, but I tried a lot, and it would not die.

Snakes may represent:
hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. To see an anaconda in your dream symbolizes your creativity and potential.
The first part makes sense - I was petrified of the snake. The second part....does that mean I was trying to kill my 'creativity and potential'? I also don't understand the connection between the two.

Anyway, on to the more bizarre part of the dream. Since I could not kill the snake, along comes a jar of pickles, right up to the snakes. The jar tilts, pouring it's pickle juice into the box of snakes, and the snakes promptly die. Why? Because the pickle juice was actually acid.

I really don't know how my subconscious came up with that.

So, as it turns out, the interpretation of a pickle is not that different from the interpretation of the snake - fear and anxiety. Acid, another not-so-positive symbol, represents:
feelings of hatred, rage, and/or revenge.
This being one the more interesting dreams I've had, I was really curious about what some of these things meant.

Definitions come from Dream Moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment