Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Enter Sandman

I chose the title for this post for 2 reasons. First, because a lot of this dream was me trying to sleep. And second, because two days ago the Yankees won the Pennant and Rivera got the save. Now, on to the dream.

I dreamed about some kind of camp last night, where I was one of the counselors.
To see a counselor or dream that you are one suggests that you are seeking for some support and direction in your life. Pay important attention to what the counselor is saying and/or doing. Your dream is trying to convey a message that you need to think about and possibly act upon.
I didn't recognize where the camp was, but I knew I was in my parents' old home again. Although it didn't look much like it. I was also sharing a room with my sister, and for a good portion of my dream, we were in the bedroom.
To dream that you are in the bedroom signifies aspects of your self that you keep private. It is also indicative of your sexual nature and intimate relations.
Most of the time we were sleeping. Actually, she was sleeping, and I was trying to sleep.
To dream that you are sleeping denotes peace of mind. Alternatively, it may also mean that you are ignorant and not fully aware of the conditions and circumstances around you.

To see others sleeping is often a reflection of yourself and your own unconscious mind. It is indicative of how you may not be alert or informed about a particular situation.

Sleeping may also be synonymous with death in that it beckons renewal and new beginnings.

At one point in the dream, my sister and I were sitting on my parent's bed (in the old house), and a hippo and another animal (I can't remember what it was now. I think a giraffe, but I'm not sure) walk into the room, asking us to do something. That's right, I was talking to animals. I can't remember what it was now they wanted us to do (I think maybe go out?), but when we didn't want to do it, the hippo jumped on the bed, kind of like a dog, and kept begging "please, please!" Also, the hippo resembled more the toy from Hungry Hungry Hippo than it did an actual hippo.
To see a hippopotamus in your dream symbolizes your aggressive nature and your hidden strengths. You have more influence and power than you realize. Alternatively, it indicates that you are being territorial. Perhaps someone is overstepping their boundaries.
More on animals in dreams:
To see animals in your dream, represents your own physical characteristic, primitive desires, and sexual nature, depending on the qualities of the particular animal. Animals symbolizes the untamed and uncivilized aspects of yourself.

To dream that animals can talk, represents superior knowledge. Its message is often some form of wisdom. Alternatively, a talking animal denotes your potential to be all that you can be.

Too bad I can't remember what the hippo was asking me to do, since it is apparently some wise advice.

I've never had dreams in my childhood home growing up, and now it seems many of my dreams are there. Or at least elements of the house are there. It is also possible that I just never noticed it before.


All definitions are from Dream Moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment